Cheryl Machat Dorskind
Photographing and painting since she was twelve, Cheryl Machat Dorskind is a noted bestselling author (“The Art of Handpainting Photographs” and “The Art of Photographing Children”), The New York Times acclaimed photo artist, workshop instructor, Professor (LIU, SUNY), and fine art mentoring expert (FAME). Cheryl blogs about photography, art, literature, music, and color (“Between Loads: Photo Thoughts”). A member of the ASMP, Cheryl is also active on G+ and Facebook. Her students describe her as communicative, caring, artistic, and real.
Cheryl’s corporate clients include Epic Records, Random House, Hamptons magazine, The Southampton Press, and The New York Times.
In this eBook, Cheryl Machat Dorskind shares her celebrated hands-on, inspirational and personal approach to photographing children in a straight-forward and enjoyable narrative.
- Camera formats, lens selection, and exposure fundamentals
- Working with natural and supplemental lighting
- Moving beyond the snapshot to create compelling portraits
- Recording the milestones in a child’s life
- Posing, wardrobe, and rapport tips
- Photo session strategies and management checklists