Light Painted Night Photography
- The ultimate resource guide for getting started with the art and science of light painting and full moon-based night photography
- Written by a photographer with over 20 years of experience on the leading edge of this complex and specialized type of work
- 81 pages, with over 20,000 words
- In-depth analysis of 44 zoomable images
- Loaded with tips and tricks for accessing locations, working by moonlight vs. total darkness, manually focusing in the dark, time-exposure portraits, post-production techniques and many other subjects
Light painting and night photography specialist Troy Paiva (AKA Lost America) has finally written a “How To” book. It explains in full detail his easy to learn techniques for creating elaborate studio-style lighting effects with a few simple flashlights and a single, pocket-sized strobe. The book demystifies LP/NP, so even a novice can create amazing images.
All the secrets of his working process, never revealed before; from light settings and gel types, to white-balance methodology and post-production techniques are revealed. Each of the 44 images gets the full treatment; not only full explanations of his lighting and exposure methodology, but also anecdotes on compositional strategy, waiting for the decisive moment and making the best of difficult working situations.